Art monkey Reads

My name is Bob but I go by the handle Artmonkey79 in different places. I am a digital painter and illustrator. Though I also love to read and want to share my option of my thoughts and of course, my read books.

How Dogs Love Us: A Neuroscientist and His Adopted Dog Decode the Canine Brain - Gregory Berns

How Dogs Love Us: A Neuroscientist and His Adopted Dog Decode the Canine Brain
by Gregory Berns
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was pleasantly surprised at this book. It combines a heart warming narrative of a family of dog owners with the science of using a NRA machine to scan a dog's brain. The flow between explaining scientific information and the emotional story of a doctor trying to get his project off the ground is seamless.
Not being a Scientist I was unsure how I would grasp the subject matter though I was interested in finding out more so I streamed the book from Audible's website and to my surprise I found myself caring for this Scientist, his dog and family. I was not expecting such a heartwarming experience. From reading the title I was thinking I might get a more straight forward explanation on How Dogs love us humans and or Why they love us.
The narrative format of the Author recalling the 'Dog Project', as these experiments are referred to in the book. The simple idea of scanning a Dog's brain turning into a complex project was engaging.
This helped with understanding the Science behind the project as well, allowing for bits of information to be added when needed to give more clarity to the over all story.
For some one like myself whom knows little about Animal or Human brain development this was fascinating. The writing is done with a general audience in mind with out being too hand holding.
If you like dogs and or have a interest in finding out how their minds work, this might be a fun read to try out.