Art monkey Reads

My name is Bob but I go by the handle Artmonkey79 in different places. I am a digital painter and illustrator. Though I also love to read and want to share my option of my thoughts and of course, my read books.

Lord of the Flies

Lord of the Flies - William Golding This was one of those books that I had to read in high school. We all have those books that unless we don't want to pass 9th grade English we most bare. That is true for Public USA schools, at lest.
I was pleasantly surprised, once I discovered it was about a group of kids stuck on an island and had to find their way off.
The two factions between Ralph and Jack. A practical and caring group, headed by Ralph, and a wild tyrannical group caught in their own fantasy, headed by Jack.
(A little bit of a spoiler in this paragraph)At the heart of the story it is about the depraved lengths humanity will spiral into when left to their own devises. Ralph, whom is on his own as the story ends, symbolizes hope. He stands firm on his conviction that help will arrive.
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in great writing. The way Mr. Golding introduces us to the characters and describes the tropical setting is something I turn to, when trying to write descriptions in my own stories. It's use of metaphor and theme will give anyone years of theory to think about.
If you enjoy, Star Trek, Star Wars, Twilight Zone, Dr. Who, or any other Science fiction titles that focuses strongly on how people deal with stress full situations this is a great read.